Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Taking my lumps

We met up with Kris and Evan today at a local park. There was not anyone else there and I am very thankful for that. See, the last time I took Maya to the park, she would NOT go on the slide. So when we got there today, and she headed right for the slide, I was amazed. She LOVED it. I could not get her to STOP this time, to you know, maybe do other things.

Well, she was on her way to the slide yet again, when she made a pit stop at an area that had a pole that you could slide down, you know, like a fire man? There was no way she was big enough to even reach. So I yelled "MAYA NO!!" and went running for her.

Next thing I know, I am flat on my ass with tweety birds circling my head. I ran smack into a monkey bar pole. WHAM! I have a huge lump on my forehead. It hurts like a mofo. I was dizzy for about 15 minutes or so. I sat down and Kris watched Maya for me for a few. I put ice on it right away. I cannot believe that I do not have a bruise. I nailed it man. Hard.

I ended up with one whopper of a headache earlier. And now it hurts like hell if I even THINK about moving my eyebrow in any way. I never realized before just how much I actually 'use' my damned eyebrows. This would have been classic if someone had it on video and youtubed it. Seriously. But, as I said, there was no one else there.

So, aside from me running into playground equipment, the morning went awesome. I have never seen my little girl get so into it as she was today. I admit, I have not taken her to a playground in awhile because she just didn't seem interested. Not so today.

We will be going at LEAST twice a week now, with the nicer weather. She had SO much fun. We took a break and had some tuna sammies and some grapes and lotsa water. It really was a wonderful morning with her, even if my head hurt like hell.


BANG. Classic, I tell you. I didn't even know what the hell happened. LMAO!

5 comments:

Chastity said...

Oh my goodness, Jen. I'm sure that was on of those situations where anyone watching would be concerned but would probably have a hard time not laughing at the same time.

Corinna said...

It is funny, but the kind where you ask if you're okay while you're trying not to spit in their face from laughing.

Lani said...

Ok... so my roommate from college would have laughed. She laughed at me when I fell down the stairs at our apt. complex one time. She laughed when her boyfriend slid down the stairs off the bus and hit his head. Or anytime anything like this happened. But I just can NOT laughed. I would have been so worried if you were ok or not. Ouch. I'll smile a little now, though, knowing you're ok and laughing about it.

Sara said...

I'm glad you are okay!

I'm glad she likes the park, that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hahahah Jen Im at work laughing so hard Ive got tears going down my face. Tweety birds! LOL!!
I love you dude...
I was so expecting you to say she danced on the pole or something hahahaha