Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Random meh.

I am in a weird ass mood today. I am disgruntled, yet thankful. I am motivated, yet procrastinating. I am happy, yet I am not. Meh.

I woke up nice and early this morning and for once, instead of being angry about it, I embraced it. I made a pot of coffee and enjoyed a rather large mug of it. I read the news at my leisure instead of just skimming the headlines. I wandered around my house in the pre-dawn darkness, silently giving thanks that I even HAVE a house.

Our neighbor next door has disappeared. One day, a moving van showed up, loaded up, and we have not seen her since. Yesterday I did a bit of nosing around on google, and found that the house is in foreclosure. She filed Chapter 13, (which allows you to keep your home but you must stay current on the mortgage) but must have not kept up with the payments on the house after consolidation/reorganization. It made me so very sad because this woman seemingly had it together. She was a single mom, and a nurse who worked a LOT. She painted the house, put on a new roof, put in new sod and put up new fencing in the last few years. The sod was just recently. It is all dead now, and looks like shit. She had a sprinkler system installed as well, and never even turned it on.

She had also just bought a new truck. She always had her nails done, her hair done up and she had these funky contacts. They were this orangey color that meshed well with her dark skin. She was beautiful, in truth. Thin and fit, a private woman, but very nice. And her boy seemed like a good kid. I am just so surprised at it all.

There are over 3 THOUSAND homes, just in our little area of Tampa here, that are in foreclosure. Ugh. There is one, a couple of blocks away that was seized as a result of drug charges brought against the owner. It's a 5 bedroom, 2 bath home, on the auction block for $33k. Talk about a steal. I know it is at someone elses expense, but still. That is one of the many reasons why drugs are bad!

The people at the end of our little dead end street are slinging drugs. It is so blatantly obvious. They have been busted before. It is ridiculous the amount of traffic this generates on our street. I was up at 4 the other morning, and watched 3 cars in a 10 minute time period come down my street. They had their lights off. They would pull up, run to the door of the house, knock, get the goods, pay, and drive off up the street, lights still off...

I am tiring of it. I am afraid to call the cops for the simple reason that if these eejits find out that it was me, well, there is no telling what will happen. One of the kids that lives there freaking stole my motorcycle helmut right outta my garage. He is always over here, scoping things out. It makes me crazy. He tells every one that he went to sniper school and that hes joining the army. He was gone for several months but is now back. When T asked him last night what happened the army, he said he was waiting on his medical clearance. HAH! You have to have your med. clearance before the military will even let you go to boot camp. So there is no way this maroon went to freaking sniper school. *eyeroll*

Ok, enough of that. I REALLY need to get off my ass, and clean my house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is a such thing as sniper school? *blinks eyes* wow.

Chastity said...

It's sad how many people are losing their homes. I think what it boils down to is that most people seem to buy at the very top of their price range, and many buy out of their price range. Then they go and do all these things that cost a little here and a little there like getting your nails done, buying expensive contacts, getting hair done at fancy salons...buying sod when you can't really afford it. It all catches up to us in the end.