Monday, October 6, 2008

Chicken soup N Coffee cake!

I am so sick. I have a whopper of a head cold. My sinuses hurt. My nose runs so much that I just wander around with tissue stuck up my nose. I do that all the time when I am sick. I just call 'em nose tampons. LOL

Maya thinks it is funny, so it's all good. :O) I have sneezed well over 50 times today, swear ta God. It is unreal.

My jaw hinges hurt, it is an awful ache. I hope I am not going to get a damned ear infection or something. My throat hurts pretty bad. It started off scratchy and quickly moved on to sore. I feel like I have been punched in the neck. blah.

Have I ever mentioned how awesome my family is? My Mom came here today with hot, home made chicken soup. Seriously? How cool is that?? It was SO good. She also brought me medicine and cough drops. The soup smelled so good (I could actually breathe at the time, so I could smell and taste!) that I chowed down with no regard to how HOT it was. Now my tongue is all burnt. Fun. Thank You Mom, that was wonderfull awesome of you.

THEN? My niece Emilee and I were chatting the other night and I mentioned how I had been craving Drakes Coffee Cakes. I have not been able to find them here. So today she went grocery shopping and she bought me TWO boxes of them! AWESOME! Weee! I cannot wait to get them!

I am hoping that tomorrow I can get some photos scanned for you all. They are worth the wait I promise. Actually, I need to check with Stace first as to whether I can post or not. And with Tina and Nana (some family friends) who I think check in here..as I am mailing them printed copies. If they don't mind seeing before getting, then I shall post. :)

I am going to go. My effing jaws HURT. UGH. WTF is that about?? I think I need more chicken soup...and Nyquil. And my sleeping pill. Hopefully I will actually SLEEP tonight!

6 comments:

Becca said...

Here's to hoping you are back to yourself in no time!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better very soon!

Unknown said...

Ugh, tis the season. But is there ever really a cold season in Florida? Hrm. Ryan is right on your heels, already with the nose, cough, sneeze thing. He doesn't
feel bad (aside from being annoyed, actually) so I doped him up and sent him to school. :)

Hope you're feeling better today!!

Lani said...

Yuck... this is the second post I've read where someone is down and out with this stuff. I don't want to get it!!! Get well soon. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I hope that you BOTH feel better soon.. I have more coming in this week or next 2 so ill grab some more... get well soon... and Maya is such a big girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

Chicken soup... in October. Did you serve it to witches, goblins, and a ghost on toast? ;)