Friday, September 26, 2008

Survivor Gabon

It is no secret that I am an admitted Survivor junkie. I know some of you loathe the show. But T and I have been watching it since the very first season. While it is some of the same thing season after season, it is always different as well. The human dynamic is always changing. The challenges are a huge part of it for me as well. I am always excited to see where it is that they will be each season too. Gabon is simply amazing. Africa at its finest. I cannot imagine camping amongst elephants!

One thing I noticed about this seasons contestants, were that most of them seem completely full of themselves. This one gal, Michelle, was all bitchy because she wasn't on the team with the 'beautiful people'. Seriously?? Is THAT what this show is about??

What a shallow *bleep*!

I want to use the 'C' word here, but I shall refrain. I instantly did not like that girl. Ugh. And? Wear some damned clothes woman. I don't need to see your skeleton!!! I hope someone handed her a huge sammich as she walked off the set.

Anyway, as with previous seasons, it takes me awhile to warm up to any of the contestants. The thing that bothers me most is that these people are familiar with the game, yet... they have learned nothing. WHY would you go on Survivor wearing a DRESS?? I would have on Under Armour gear, a long sleeved shirt and either sweat pants or track pants or something, and the most expensive, comfy sneakers I could get my hands on. That way, at night and in the sun, I could cover up, and when needed I could strip down to the UA gear and be comfy and free to move around. Not that my fat ass has ANY business in UA gear, but I'm just sayin'. These yahoos are walking around in their underwear, for Pete's sake. *shakes head*

These girls wear next to nothing and then complain about how damp and cold it is at night! DUH! Have you never camped? How's about a little effing research into where in the hell it is you are going, you useless boob?!! ARGH.

Another thing? That girl that I didn't like? She got the boot. HAH! First one voted off! She was clueless as to how the game is played, IMO.

I will say this about her though, she talked about how stupid her tribe mates were, and she was right on. They booted her first instead of the the 61 year old woman who SHOULD have gone first.

Every year, we find ourselves yelling at the tv over who gets voted out and who doesn't. The choices always seem so obvious to us! Not so much to the contestants.

There is lots of drama to be had, and we just eat it all up, season after season.
I actually miss hearing Jeff say "C'mon in guys!" and "I'll go tally the votes" in between seasons. And the dimples? What can I say about the dimples?? :OP

Yes. I am clearly a dork. But you all should have known that by now...

4 comments:

Becca said...

My sentiments exactly! I'm a total Survivor junky too and just like you, it baffles me that these people show up wearing their Sunday best. I would think that most of the skinny b*tches would try to pack on a few pounds before hand. It's not a fashion show or a popularity contest. But I guess it still makes for good TV

Sara said...

I love his dimples. There's other people on the show? *LOL* Just kidding. There's a few skeletons on the show, that one guy is pretty skinny, the old guy. The girls are stupid for what they wore, but suits for guys? Seriously!

I'm really glad both of the people voted off, we were clapping!

We've watched it pretty much every year. I think that we missed a couple of seasons.

Did you see my photo with Rudy? It's on Facebook and Flickr. Are you on my Flickr? :)

Anonymous said...

i'm a huge survivor junkie, and i've always wondered too why they dress so nicely. don't they realize what they wear the first day is what they'll wear the whole time?? i've always said i'd wear sweatpants and a t-shirt. :)

Nellie said...

I missed the first 2 episodes so thanks for catching me up a bit! I am usually a total junkie... things have just been crazy around her lately and I haven't been able to tune in... will do for sure this week though!