Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mother of the Year?

I put Maya to bed each night between 7:30 and 9 p.m. It all just depends on what we have done that day or what have you, as to how tired she is by what time.

Tonight, she started getting really cranky around 8, so we read to her and stuffs and by 8:30 she was in bed. By 9 she was quiet, so we went outside and vac'd the pool, and did some cleaning up out back that was needed. It is now a bit after 12, and we are getting to bed, and she is WIDE awake. T said he had heard her a few times while he was in and out over the course of the night, but since she wasn't crying or calling out for us, he just let her be.

I feel AWFUL. My kid has been in there for hours, awake. Should I have gotten her up?
I feel as though I should have. Then again, I thought she was asleep. Ugh. I just feel awful. She is not upset in any way. When I went in there just a minute ago, she was laying down, playing with a teddy bear, but STILL. I feel as though I neglected her.

UGH.

6 comments:

Kat said...

If she wasn't crying or calling out for you, she was totally fine.
No reason at all for you to feel bad.
Sometimes kids just lay there playing with their teddy bear or blankie, talking to it or singing, and they are fine and happy.

You didn't do anything at all wrong and should not feel badly at all, she sounds like she was just fine.

Both my boys used to just lay there talking to their toys or singing, sometimes they'd talk to each other, but they were just fine.

Unknown said...

Kat's right -- You'd have certainly known if she needed you. Little night hawk, like her Momma :)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with both of them. You are a great mom, and she would have told you that something was wrong. I think Bek is right... She is a night hawk, just like you

Sara said...

Sounds like she needed some Maya time. If she's not crying, she's fine. :) Is she growing/teething? Seems to happen around those times. I think you are a great mom! *hugs*

Wendy said...

WOW! I can't believe she stayed awake that long. If she wasn't crying then I am sure that everything was fine. It's a good sign that she is able to just chill and self soothe:)

Anonymous said...

no way dude. Let her lay there.