Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mail Call

I have noticed something around here lately, that I find quite amusing. Over the last few days I have been observing my neighbors while they go to get their mail. And every single one of them does the same thing.

Each person opens the box with extreme trepidation, reaching out slowly, and opening the box in an even slower fashion. Then, they lean back and peer in, inching ever closer to the box with squinted eyes, trained to spot the slightest of movements.

They reach for the mail, taking it out slowly, then whisking it away from their bodies and violently shaking it.

And here I thought that I was the only one.

Any guesses as to why we must perform this ritual??

3 comments:

Chastity said...

Umm...no idea.

Nellie said...

are some punk kids pulling pranks and putting bugs/mice/yucky things in mailboxes???

Anonymous said...

I know I know... I did the samething when i was thre MANY MANY times!!!!! You have too cuz it has friends with the mail and they arent friends that pay the bills..