Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Progress

Today was T's appointment at the VA with his new primary care doctor. We had no idea what to expect. He is out of his anxiety meds, and has really been struggling. And I have noticed that he has been quite red faced lately.

We got an explanation for that. His blood pressure was 170/110. That could also be a reason for the headaches, because some of them have been awful, but NOT migraines.

Guh. So, needless to say, he is now on a blood pressure medicine. He is also up to 217 pounds. It is time to knock it off with the Doritos and the ice cream, me thinks. LOL. He went from 165 to 217 in what...3.5 months. Nuts. He's a porker. Heh.

He also is not getting good sleep at all. That is where his Valium came in handy. He never abused that. But because of his addiction issues, he has to go back next week to see a shrinky-dink, and one that specializes in addictions. He got meds for the migraines, and for pain, and a muscle relaxer. He also has to get a full MRI before they will go any further in evaluation of his pain management. Which is good. He does not want to be back on narcotics. I am not sure what all else there is for him, but I guess we will soon find out.

And that is that. Hoping he doesn't drop on me of a bloody heart attack or stroke. That has me seriously worried. *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took a 1/4 of a valium yesterday.

Kristy said...

Thanks for stopping by. Nice to encounter someone more local. I'm in St Pete. I can relate to a lot of your posts. I get it. You're describing in large part what I consider my before life.

I'm living the after...for the most part. I was surprised by how much some of what you had to say sounded like myself a few years ago.

www.shishnit.org