Tuesday, February 9, 2010

drama queeen

My kid knows how to bring the drama. She loves taking a bath. However, she will not tolerate having her hair washed. It is SUCH a struggle. I literally have to just dump water over her head to get the soap out, with her thrashing about and screaming. I have tried EVERYTHING to get her to relax. She does not like getting water in her eyes. Fine. I remember hating that as a child too. So trying to get her to lay back with a washcloth over her eyes would be a good idea, right? I first attempted this BEFORE bath time, so she knew what was coming. It was a no go. And then I tried it in the tub anyway.

Sometimes, momma is pretty thick. If it did not work outside of the tub, it ain't workin' inside of the tub, genius.

*sigh*
I just asked her if she wanted to take a bath, and she said yes. I usually wait until it is closer to bed time, but I have a sinus infection and that always seems to get worse in the evenings. I ran the water, got her in, did the usual dumping of water over her head as fast as I can, soaped up her head, and resumed with the dumping of more water (no worries, tear-free shampoo). I do this as fast as humanly possible. The moment it is over, she is fine.

Except today. I finished up, wiped her face and told her she could play for a bit. She stood up, sighed heavily, threw her hands up the air and said "It's no use! I just want to get out now!!"

I could not contain the laughter. She is just too much. I wish I could convey the tone with which she said this, because you would pee yourself. Really.

:)

1 comment:

Shari said...

Jaime and I tell Mia to "look up at the sky." She is pretty good about it. I use very little shampoo so there won't be so much rinsing (or tangling). I admit that sometimes I just dump the water and dry the eyes as well. They will have a lot worse to deal with in life I guess. It is hilarious when they come up with those grown up remarks. They come fast and furious as they get older. Jonah is 9 now and the ultimate of bored sophistication. I like it best when he forgets and is just a happy little boy once in a while.