Saturday, January 30, 2010

Courteous

We have extremely courteous garbage men. At my old house, they would tear up the street at 5 a.m., dumping trash and heaving the barrels back in the direction from whence they came. I would usually have to go over to my neighbors to get my lids. The cans were often left in the middle of the street too.

I have noticed since being here at my moms that the men return the barrels to the sidewalk, and even replace the lids!

See? It is the little things that make me happy, people. LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh the simple things!

Shari said...

You are a very entertaining writer, even when it is about garbage collection trends in various neighborhoods. I look forward to reading more of what you have to say.

Jen said...

Haha. Thanks Shari. I rather enjoyed reading you as well!!

Belle said...

They were never that courteous here! And now? They don't even get out of the trucks themselves, they have a cherry-picker like arm that picks the cans up and empties them. So now they won't even take trash that isn't in a county-provided bin which *I* have to pay for.

Yes, the simple things do rock, though!