Monday, May 17, 2010

Trenton, NJ

D, is that you?

I was just sitting here, wallowing in self-pity, feeling like I am just spinning in cirlces..

I want some old time JM to listen to man.

Anyone who knows me KNOWS that I am a die hard John Mellencamp fan. Hell... I BLEED Mellencamp. And the one thing that I love most about his music is that..it is timeless to me. To this day, I can listen to something he did 15 years ago, and it is as relevant to me now as it was back then.

And as I sit here RIGHT now reflecting on my current situation, I yearn for some old time John Cougar. My CDs are tucked away in my storage unit. I know exactly where they are and tomorrow I am going to dig them out.

I WANT I WANT. I NEED I NEED...

Funny how things change, but still stay the same when they are tried and true. I would DIE inside without JM. *sigh*

3 comments:

Linda said...

If I didn't have Tori Amos, I think I would go insane. Literally. I know where you're coming from.

Anonymous said...

Mellencamp is my all-time absolute favorite artist, so I guess we have the same blood type! His music has been one of the few constants in my life for many years and has provided me with comfort and inspiration. Can't wait for the new album in August!

Anonymous said...

JM's music has a way of making things a little more bearable.
Hugs