Sunday, November 23, 2008

Perspective

I was on Flickr just now. Found a group for photos taken in the 80s. What a hoot. So I came across some photos from this one woman, and I clicked over to her stream. She mentioned that she was the mom of 5 children. Two of whom died. One girl was stillborn and a boy who died and was delivered at 17 weeks. She took photos, and posted them on her site, with a warning due to the graphic nature.

I couldn't click through. I just. couldn't. do. it.

I am sitting here now, a sobbing, snotty mess.

I love Maya with every fiber of my being. And that is a LOT of fibers. I just simply can NOT imagine. And here I sit and bitch about her sleep issues as of late. Pffft.

I am one lucky woman. And I am going to start living my life as a mother in that regard. No more bitching about sleep, or lack of sleep, or whether or not she has taken all of her clothes out of her drawers.

She is here. Alive. Healthy and wonderful. And I just want to enjoy it, enjoy her and my time with her.

I need to go sob some more. Night...

4 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

Once, at work, I dropped a file of a woman who had lost a 17 week old baby. Out came a picture of the baby. I wouldn;t have known it was a baby but for the fact that the nurses had dressed it in a gown. It broke my heart.

It definitely gives you perspective.

Anonymous said...

ugh. Link me to the lady. I want to see.

Becca said...

Obviously I have pictures of one born at 22 ish weeks. No, it's not pretty. I haven't shared them with many people just because I don't really know how other people would react. It took me a long time to be able to look at them, but now I can look at them at peace. It definately puts things into perspective.

Chastity said...

I've run into a few blogs of people who've lost babies during pregnancy and delivered..and others who've lost children after they were born....and some of them have posted pictures. It's really hard for me to see those pictures...so be grateful she posted a warned. I have such empathy for these people...that is my worst nightmare.